Witch Craft: DIY Embroidered Mary Janes
Add magic to every step you take with these embroidered shoes!
Before I started this project I had done very little embroidery. The book Embroidered Effects by Jenny Hart was helpful in learning about different stitch techniques. This particular project only uses two very basic embroidery stitches which you can easily find online. I highly recommend doing a mock-up or practice project before starting on the shoes.
If you are ready to create your own custom Mary Janes, read on!
- Draw your design onto the shoes using the silver quilters pencil
- Start by outlining the design using a stem stitch
- Fill in using straight stitches
- Work from the toe area of the shoe up towards the vamp so that when you are ready to tie a knot you are doing it in an area that is easier to reach
- Once you have filled in the main designs you can add some fun stars and other decorative stitches
All the hard work is worth it once you finish the embroidery. I'm so happy with how my shoes turned out. They look and feel so magical and the process was actually very meditative. Once you create something that you've envisioned in your mind, thats when you are making magic!
Please note that this post include affiliate links to amazon where you can purchase the materials used for this project