Witch Craft: DIY Floral Smudge Stick
Ceremonial smudge sticks are the perfect addition or any altar, dresser, or vanity this season. Invoke your inner crafty goddess and can make a gorgeous ceremonial smudge stick with some fresh or dried flowers and a pre-rolled sage bundle!
These smudge sticks make the perfect gift and do not necessarily have to be burned (they're just too pretty) Prepare a bunch to hand out at your next magical gathering!
- Dried sage bundle (you can also use fresh of course)
- Dried herbs- I used lavender for this project
- Fresh flowers of your choosing
- Rose petals
- Embroidery floss
- Unwrap the sage bundle
- Arrange your herbs and flowers into the sage
- Wrap to secure with the embroidery floss
- Enclose the end of the smudge stick with a layer of rose petals and wrap
- Dry for a week or so in a cool, dark space
Make it Magic
Choose your herbs and flowers for their magical properties. I chose lavender for love and tranquility. I also chose rose for its affiliation with love.
Choose string color for its magical correspondences. I chose white to represent purity.
When you are wrapping the smudge sticks, envision your intentions being infused into the sage.
Enjoy the amazing aromas of the herbs and flowers to get into a meditative crafting session